Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A few busy days!





02.04.09

It has been a few busy but fun daaays! Classes have been quite easy so far still. We had one assignment to write a half page about a news article, I went to turn it in and the teacher told me to keep it (whaaat!). Kinda crazy/I feel that homework is optional here?
The weather was finally nice today, around 55 degrees! This whole week it has been raining and kind of miserable! I conveniently left my umbrella at a restaurant, so this entire week I have gone without one! I went out yesterday to finally buy one AND now there is no rain! Just my luck. On the upside, half my classes were cancelled today, because the teacher was sick! We got out at 2:30 instead of 7:00, which was great!
This weekend we are headed to the ALPS, which I am very excited about! We are leaving Friday and traveling by bus. Our program director said it should take around four hours, so not too bad! Veronique is extremely nice and is letting me borrow her ‘snow outfit’ for the weekend. I cannot wait to show off my awesome outfit to the slopes. It is like a complete jumpsuit (teal) with embroidering on it of animals. It definitely made my day when Veronique showed it to me. The boys are gone this week, which actually has been quite nice. I can use the internet whenever and the house is more calm and peaceful. Next weekend, Veronique is going to Paris for the weekend. She has spring break for two weeks now and then two weeks again in the spring, kind of crazy! I am staying here ALONE (don’t panic mother). She is preparing me food for the weekend and is showing me how to take care of the animals. She said I could stay with a neighbor if I wanted, but I am actually really excited. It will be like my own house in FRANCE for a weekend.


Last night a few girls and myself went out to a bar called The Australian. Before I went out, Vero inspected my outfit and told me I looked “wonderful” in her adorable little accent. It is cute that she cares and is like a temporary replacement Mom (obviously not as good as you mama!) Every Tuesday is Erasmus night there, so there were kids from all countries there! It was actually really fun, and we met up with a couple kids from our classes there as well. Tomorrow night is ‘quiz night’ at a local pub, where they test you on music, movies, etc. I’m hoping to dominate the music section, but we will see! A few kids went last week and said it was very fun, so I’m excited! The bartenders there are from England, so it’s nice to speak English with them, rather than trying to order in French (quite difficult trying to pronounce some of the weird drink names)!

Tonight, Vero made me DUCK! I have never had it before, but it was actually kind of good! She made it with this really yummy sauce made of creme and wine. She told me her favorite thing to eat is pig toes! I really hope she does not serve me those, but we will see. Hope all is well at home and it is getting warmer! :) Hopefully I will have some fun stories from when I return from my trip!

No comments:

Post a Comment