Monday, March 30, 2009

FAMILY!

03.30.09

This weekend has been quite relaxing and low key, but really fun! We met some awesome girls from Ireland the other night at a local pub, and it was so fun to speak English and chat them away! They even tried to teach us an irish jig, quite hilarious indeed. Friday we went out with Kelli’s host brother (Jules) and a couple of his friends. They were really funny and I definitely enjoyed our time out with them! Saturday we lucked out and had cold, rainy weather, sooo the boat cruise was interesting to say the least. I had not checked the weather for the morning and decided to dress like it was going to be HOT. I wore a skirt, tights, SANDALS, and a little bomber jacket. We took a bus at 8 am to a little town called Agde and it literally started raining the moment we got there. It was extremely chilly, and our first boat ride through the Mediterranean was a little rocky, so a lot of us were on the very edge of being seasick. Our boat dropped us off, and we had time for lunch. They gave us 2 and a half hours actually….. so we decided to have a true ‘french’ lunch, and make it last for that long. Somehow we did, and finished off our meal with coffee and tea! We had another 2 and a half our boat ride through a canal after, which was a little miserable since it was painfully cold! It was fun though to spend the day with everyone from the program, but if only the weather was a little better!

Today, Véro left for the week to the Circus with her entire class! Virgile, Arthur, and I have the pad to ourselves, and I am quite excited! Hopefully they try and pull some crazy shenanigans with their friends. Their friends basically live at their house now, but I’m assuming next week they WILL live here. I actually enjoy being around them (even though they are 16!) and they try and ask me questions in English which is cute. One of Virgile’s friends was over last night for dinner and he is basically fluent in English since he moved to France from MADISON when he was 3! We spoke Franglais, but mostly English and had to translate to Virgile, which was different for once.

I actually have hardly seen Véro lately, since she has been going out a lot! She will make us dinner, and then usually leave right away. AND lately I have been beating her home the nights I go out; she’s quite the party animal. Good thing the boys are here or I would be a little lonely! One night she didn’t make dinner though, so Arthur said he would cook for us. He came into my room, told me he was making cheeseburgers, then 2 minutes later, came back and said dinner was ready! I started laughing and to my surprise he cooked them.. but they were frozen microwavable ones, still in the plastic wrapper. I found this hysterical, but they actually were not too terrible!
I FINALLLY scored a pic of the boys. I hassled them at dinner about it and they told me they hate pictures but would do it "for Rachel". The one on the left is the older one, Arthur, and the one on the right is Virgile, who is 16!

This week is definitely going to be a little hectic. Packing/finalizing plans for spring break will mostly consume us, but I am sooo sooo excited! ALSO terrific news. Tara will be in Milan for one day when I am there, so we are going to try and meet up! I hope everything goes smoothly/not knowing a word of Italian or Greek works out for us…. BUT hopefully we can get by with our English/French skills.

CIAO for now (2 weeeeeks!)
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment