Wednesday, April 29, 2009

2 weeks to go!

04.29.09

This past weekend was hands down one of my favorites so far in France. Don’t get me wrong, I loveeee traveling, but it was so great just to relax after our long adventure. Mare and I basically spent the entire weekend at Maddie and Laurens, just hanging out. Saturday we made tacos, could life get any better? This weekend, the majority of my program is headed to Barcelona, Spain. I decided not to go, since I already went to meet up with my girls abroad. Lauren and Maddie are not going either, so we will basically have a repeat of last weekend, with a little studying for finals mixed in. Vero informed me yesterday that she ‘might’ be gone Thursday, Friday, Saturday, and return Sunday. Her ‘might’ quickly became affirmative, but she said that she would make me meals for every night she would be gone. She usually makes way too much food, thus Mads, Lauren, and I can hopefully have a feast!

Last night Lily and I rode the tram home and an adorable British lady in her mid twenty’s started talking to us. She had just arrived to Montpellier last Saturday, and was so happy to hear ENGLISH. We were able to comfort her, tell her we have been living here for about 3 months, improving, and loving France! It is crazy to think that we were in her exact situation such a short time ago; trying to meet friends, yet now we are able to help out and give advice.

2 weeks from Friday my parents come to Montpellier! I am soo anxious for them to come and can’t wait for them to meet the fam. I told Vero they were coming, and she seemed excited! Let’s just hope she doesn’t plan an extravagant dinner out with Pierre for the same day. The plan so far with the rents is to stay in Montpellier the first night, then train it out to Avignon for a night, and then make it up to PARIS! This will be my mom’s first time to Europe, and for both, their first time to France, so I really hope they enjoy it!

Before I can get too excited though, I have to get through my finals! I have my two optional class finals (Civilizaton of the South and Culture et Patrimone), in which the final is definitely not optional. We were given an overview of what we need to study for one, but not the other. We have our last class tomorrow, so hopefully we can get things cleared up before next Thursday! As for my other classes, we have a 3 hour Comprehension Ecrit final the following Monday, a 2 hour Grammaire Final on Tuesday, followed by a 1 hour Comprehension Orale, where we will listen to a reading and answer questions. I still have no idea where my grade stands in any class, but hopefully the fact that I am one of the few who goes everyday will help!

Until then, BIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment