Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Les jours final.






05.05.09

The weather this weekend was absolutely gorgeous! I was so happy I was not traveling and was able to enjoy it! Friday was Labor Day, Le FĂȘte du Travail. It is apparently a huge deal and everyone was off of work! This included the tram workers, thus there were no trams the entire day. This was a bit of a pain, but I enjoyed the nice walk into town, taking me around 40 minutes. Maddie and I grabbed some delicious gelato and were able to observe a crazy parade! I am still not quite sure what it was for, but everyone was dressed like peasants, playing various instruments and frolicking around. It was amusing to us, and everyone else seemed to enjoy it too. There was an abundance of people in Montpellier this weekend, especially around the main Place de la Comedie. We spotted many French tourists, this being couples and families taking a quick vacation to the southern part of France for their long weekend. All in all, I was able to get some much needed sun in everyday. The man who served my food at lunch today even commented on my bronzed skin…woo!

I was also able to go out with my class this weekend! There are about 15 of us total who comprise B1 group 1, and around half of us made it out. It was enjoyable to see everyone out of the classroom environment and have a little fun! I learned a few things about my crazy classmates, including: Gia from Vietnam is 31 years old, Ming-y from Taiwan is taking up a job offer to be a web designer in California for the summer, and Soojee is staying in France for 6 years to complete all of her studies here! My class is great and I am going to miss them! This Wednesday morning we are headed to the Zoo to have a pique-nique (picnic) with our entire class, and two of our teachers. It will be a bit of a last hurrah to the end of classes and right before our finals start!

FAMILY COUNTDOWN: 10 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment